Temporary Shelter

for a huang lian po to be. or already.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Under Flu Attack

Both of us down. HH and I.

I caught it first. Started feeling the irritation in my throat on Friday night, after our visit to MIL's. Zhixuan was still coughing. I highly suspect it was this virus I fell prey to.

My flu did not develop full blown. It was just a nagging itch at the throat, a few sneezes, a little runny nose, and a few coughs. Not serious enough to see a doc, I took flu panadol after HH turns in for the night, where I can be certain I will not be nursing her for the next 6 hours at least.

Nonetheless, 4 days down the road, HH caught my bug. She starting sneezing a little more than usual on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning, she woke up happy and alert, but accompanied by cough and a runny nose.

She was not running a fever. And looked generally well. But I didn't want to risk her symptoms developing further. With the haze in the air too. I was afraid her nose would become stuffy and she would not be able to suck.

I brought us to a GP immediately.

GP was not overly concerned about her condition, but prescribed her meds for cough, runny nose and nose drops for nasal congestion (upon my request).

We came home. I kept the pacifier in hand to test her nose for congestion. If she can suck on the pacifier, I gather she is able to breathe through her nose and hence able to suckle.

We are still nursing her flu while I have very much recovered from mine.

Save for a frequent string of mucos at her nostrils, and tantrums during medicine time, HH behaves like her normal active self.

The baby is asleep and let's hope she rests well tonight and rises bright and chirpy to the weekend ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home