Temporary Shelter

for a huang lian po to be. or already.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Floor Exercise

The books recommend more tummy time at this stage, to stimulate their hand-leg coordinations. This will help them learn to crawl.

However HH had never liked to be left on the floor, whether seated or lying down, be it tummy down or tummy up.

Unlike many babies, she is not contented with playing by herself and prefers human company and touch to toys.

Recently, because of her sarong dispute, I had resorted to lying her down on the mattress after nursing, while she is in a state of drowsiness, hoping that she'll be tempted to sleep.

Of course, it's wishful thinking on my part.
Instead of sleeping, she would leisurely roll and flip herself around for as long as 30 mins, until she becomes wide awake.

I would sit by the side and watch her in the dark.

This is when I noticed she had secretly learned to flip on her left. All along, she's been a right side girl, and has become a pro at flipping from back to stomach from her right side.

I was also very pleasantly surprised to see her flipping from stomach to back. In other words, she is actually capable of rolling across the room if she wants to.

I've never seen her demostrated these in the day, when she would be frantically calling out for everyone and anyone to pick her up from the floor.

I even see her quietly trying to crawl. This is totally unfathomable in the day. Instead of getting upset she's not moving the way she does in the day, at night, she would try for several minutes before she stops and start flipping again.

Suddenly, I see a new, quiet, good natured side of her.

I had been concerned that she'll be slow to crawl, since she don't spend time on her tummy.

However, this floor exercises discovery brings me new hopes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home