Temporary Shelter

for a huang lian po to be. or already.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 22, 2006

Potty Time

After I found out about potty training for tots at this age, I was most eager to try on HH.

Finally bought her a potty on Wednesday at Bedok. (Actually I bought 2, 1 to use here, 1 to fly to Dubai. I doubt I can get a SGD1.80 potty there.)

Yesterday, she did not poo. Despite me being very encouraging during her Lunch. (She has developed this tendency to poo halfway through lunch.)

But today she did.

She slowed down her eating and showed her gek sai face. An intent look of concentration with her lipspursed into a straight line. Even her face turned red. I quickly took her out from her feeding walker and removed her diaper to check. Nothing yet.

So I brought out her potty and had her sit on it.

We all went "URRGH......URRGH......URRGH......." She probably felt a bit disoriented sitting in a potty for the 1st time in her life. Which was why she lost all urge to poo.

Removed her, diapered her and we continued lunch. Halfway through, she stopped eating and showed my favourite gek sai expression again.

I quickly jumped into action. And I did the "URRGH....URRGH....URRGH" with a most encouraging smile for her. It took a little while, but I was rewarded with a "BRR....POOT...POOT....BRR". And then she looked up and considered herself done.

I peeked into the potty before Mom removed it for washing.

Hehe... a gross but rewarding view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home